Hi friends! Happy Monday! Today’s recipe Homemade Italian Meatballs is another favorite from the Fixate cookbook that I make on a weekly basis as part of my Meal Prep Sundays. If you’ve tried my Homemade Italian Meatballs recipe in the past, this version is a bit healthier and doesn’t use any flour. As I mentioned on my Recipes Page, recipes created and posted prior to August 2014 are still being adapted to our clean eating lifestyle.
Homemade Italian Meatballs
Serves: 10 Prep Time: 30 min. Cooking Time: 25 min.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat (2%) milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. raw ground 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups (Grandma’s Tomato Sauce, optional to serve with)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl. Set aside; soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add onion; cook stirring frequently for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Combine onion mixture, turkey, eggs, parsley, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, and bread crumb mixture in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands or a wooden spoon. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- With clean hands, form turkey mixture into approximately 42 1-inch meatballs; arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve topped with Grandma’s Tomato Sauce (optional).
My family loves meatballs so this super easy recipe I make weekly! This is a family-friendly and 21 Day Fix Approved!
Container Equivalents: 2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Blue