The Instant Pot is a great way to prepare delicious meals quickly and conveniently. This week’s Meal Plan January 21 features more recipe ideas my family is creating using my Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with. Noel’s Kitchen Tips site uses affiliate links to share our family’s favorite products and brands with you. By clicking on these links, the site makes a small percentage in commission to help us continue inspiring your journey! Please read my Disclosure policy for further details. Thanks for the support!
Hello and Happy Monday! How’s everyone doing? My Instant Pot Recipe ideas from last week seem to be getting a lot of attention, so I thought I would share a few more that our family will be making this week. I’m hoping this weekend to pop back into the last two weeks of meal plans and add in the links to the recipes for you. If you’re looking for more delicious meals that are quick and convenient, my recipe page has you covered!
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits. Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan January 21 is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan January 21
My weekly meal plan January 21 and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Homemade Greek Yogurt, Green Smoothie, Breakfast Nachos, Breakfast Egg Muffins, cereal, Homemade Granola, Oat Bars, toast, eggs, Breakfast Burritos, and/or fresh fruit -And now Instant Pot Oatmeal (recipe posting soon!)
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
- Stovetop Popcorn- made with coconut oil this is still a family favorite snack. And it’s a perfect snack for when you’re craving something to get you by until your next meal.
- Apples and Peanut Butter or Cheese Slices
- Hummus and Pretzels
- Carrots and Yogurt Dill Dip
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my newly designed Recipe Index page.
Sunday: Instant Pot Cabbage and Potato Stew
Monday: Red Lentil Chili
Tuesday: Instant Pot Lo Mein
Wednesday: C.O.R.N. (clean out refrigerator night-leftovers)
Thursday: Peanut Chicken and Sugar Snap Peas with Noodles
Friday: Cajun Rice with Turkey Sausage and Vegetables
Saturday: Colorado Smothered Burritos
- Instant Pot Roast Baby Potatoes
- Steamed Corn
- Red, White and Green Brussel Sprouts
- Tiramisu Whipped Ricotta -A 21 Day Fix delight!
Hope you find some ideas and recipes from Meal Plan January 21. You’ll find more recipe sharing and tips on my Facebook page. For my previous meal plan ideas, you’ll find them here on my blog or grouped together on my Pinterest board. And don’t forget to check out my newly designed Recipe Index for our family’s favorite recipes.
Our First Edition Of The Year Newsletter went out a couple weeks ago on Sunday! Are you signed up? If not, click here to get first access to all of our family favorite recipes, weekly meal prep tips and more!