This week’s meal plan January 14 features recipe ideas using my new Instant Pot. I’ve tested making a few different foods and it definitely makes cooking quicker and easier. The recipes are healthy and relatively inexpensive to make.
Noel’s Kitchen Tips site uses affiliate links to share our favorite products and brands with you. By clicking on these links, the site makes a small percentage in commission to help us continue inspiring your journey! Please read my Disclosure policy for further details. Thanks for the support!
Hello and Happy Monday! I hope you all have a nice weekend. On Sunday, Sierra and I had a mother-daughter shopping day. Needless to say, we came home with lots of girly stuff. One of our favorite places to shop— Bath and Bodyworks. They had their Buy 3 Get 3 Free sale going on and an extra coupon for $10 off. Plus a 75% off sale. We are stocked for summer!
We also made a pit stop into Barnes and Noble. It’s been awhile since I’ve made my way into a larger bookstore chain. When we have more time, I’ll have to go back and pick our a few new books to read.
Our last stop for the day was to Walmart. I wanted to pick up a few staples I needed for dinner and the week ahead. I finally broke down and purchased an Instant Pot. So far all the hype about it is true.
This week’s meal plan features recipe ideas using my new Instant Pot. I’ve tested making a few different foods and it definitely makes cooking quicker and easier. The recipes are healthy and relatively inexpensive to make. Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? Go ahead GET ONE! 😉 you’ll be happy you did. It’s such a timesaver!
You can meal prep and make these perfect hard-boiled eggs. Cooked in 6 minutes with a 6 minute ice batch. If you want a softer egg yolk, you can cut the time down to 4 minutes. And there are a tone of recipes on Pinterest, that I cannot wait to try!
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits. Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan January 14 is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan January 14
My weekly meal plan January 14 and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
- Stovetop Popcorn- made with coconut oil this is still a family favorite snack. And it’s a perfect snack for when you’re craving something to get you by until your next meal.
- Apples and Peanut Butter or Cheese Slices
- Hummus and Pretzels
- Carrots and Yogurt Dill Dip
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my newly designed Recipe Index page.
Sunday: Butternut Squash Soup
Monday: Instant Pot Chicken Breasts; Green Salad
Tuesday: Chicken Tortilla Soup – a 21 Day Fix Recipe
Thursday: Classic Pot Roast with red potatoes
Friday: Kalua Pork; white rice; pineapple and green beans
Saturday: Shredded Pork Enchiladas; using up the leftovers from the Pot Roast we had on Thursday night.
- Almond Rice Pilaf
- Homemade Applesauce -using this recipe, I’ll adapt it to try out in the Instant Pot.
Hope you find some ideas and recipes from Meal Plan January 14. You’ll find more recipe sharing and tips on my Facebook page. For my previous meal plan ideas, you’ll find them here on my blog or grouped together on my Pinterest board. And don’t forget to check out my newly designed Recipe Index for our family’s favorite recipes.
Our First Edition Of The Year Newsletter went out a couple weeks ago on Sunday! Are you signed up? If not, click here to get first access to all of our family favorite recipes, weekly meal prep tips and more!