Happy New Year again!! I am excited to create and share new menus each week that won’t break the bank. Our Weekly Meal Plan December 31 is about sharing our family’s quick and easy meals for every day of the week.
We always like to include easy ideas for side dishes too! I will soon be sharing a more in depth look on how I create my weekly grocery list, menu plan and tips and tricks for getting ready for the week to my newsletter subscribers.
The last few months, I’ve been brainstorming on some new ideas for our monthly and weekly meals plans and a new blog theme. Then to top it off, we started off Christmas break with our daughter coming down with the flu. The flu has hit a lot of people this holiday season. But I think our family is hopefully on the tail end of it.
With a new year, it always brings exciting change. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to keep on top of my blog more, and write, write, write and share new healthy family recipes and money saving tips with you. I jotted down some of my monthly goals for January earlier. What are your goals for 2018? Feel free to share below in the comments. I’d love to hear them!
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits.Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan December 31 is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan December 31
My weekly meal plan December 31 and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
- Stovetop Popcorn- made with coconut oil this is still a family favorite snack. And it’s a perfect snack for when you’re craving something to get you by until your next meal.
- Apples and Peanut Butter
- Hummus and Pretzels
- Carrots and Yogurt Dill Dip
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my newly designed Recipe Index page.
Sunday: Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes and Pesto
Monday: Healthy White Bean Soup and Ham
Tuesday: Taco Salad
Thursday: Vegan Chili
Friday: Baked Chicken Tenders, leftover Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Spinach Salad
Saturday: Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Mixed Green Salad
- Yogurt Parfaits
Hope you find some ideas and recipes from Meal Plan December 31. You’ll find more recipe sharing and tips on my Facebook page. For my previous meal plan ideas, you’ll find them here on my blog or grouped together on my Pinterest board. And don’t forget to check out my newly designed Recipe Index for our family’s favorite recipes.