Happy Christmas Eve! The Weekly Meal Plan December 24 for the week is focused on the next two days. I’m sharing our Christmas Eve/Christmas Menu today if you need a little last minute inspiration. The rest of our week will be filled with leftovers, using up pantry staples and a date night out for the hubby and I.
I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season so far and that things are going smoothly in your neck of the woods.Today, I’m sharing the munu to include our ideas for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
The rest of our week will be filled with leftovers, using up pantry staples and a surprise date night out for the hubby and I. We finished up the afternoon with wrapping some last minute Christmas gifts while watching a Christmas movie. Chopper even helped supervise but he was a little tuckered out after dinner.
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits.Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan December 24 is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan December 24
My weekly meal plan December 24 and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
- Stovetop Popcorn- made with coconut oil this is still a family favorite snack. And it’s a perfect snack for when you’re craving something to get you by until your next meal.
- Apples and Peanut Butter
- Hummus and Pretzels
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my Recipe Index page.
Dinner (one new recipe will post throughout the week)
Sunday: (Christmas Eve)
Monday: (Christmas Day)
- Egg Bake
- Overnight Baked Apple French Toast
- Cranberry Chocolate Scones
- Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- Fresh Fruit
- Snacky Lunch
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Sauteed Green Beans, Mushrooms and Onions
- Homemade Dinner Rolls
- Dessert (undecided)
Tuesday: Leftovers -there’s nothing like leftover turkey for sandwiches along with cranberry sauce and a little pesto
Wednesday: Crispy Turkey and Cheese Burritos
Thursday: Orange Sesame Chicken
Friday: Simple French Bread Pizza
Saturday: Date Night
- Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Fresh Veggie Platter with Yogurt Dill Dip
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Traditional Christmas Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
Having our food prepped and the week planned has me entering this week feeling organized and ready to take on the week and I’m excited to keep up this two hours on a Sunday and Monday routine. Bring on the week!
Hope you find some ideas and recipes from Meal Plan December 24. You’ll find more recipe sharing and tips on my Facebook page. For my previous meal plan ideas, you’ll find them here on my blog or grouped together on my Pinterest board.