This recipe for Tortellini Salad is from our family’s Summer Recipe Collection. It is a potluck favorite and perfect for a BBQ or on a hot summer day.
The first time I made this Tortellini Salad in place of a green salad during the summer I became obsessed with it. It’s a super simple salad to make and if you’re heading off to a potluck or BBQ, it can be put together quickly.
The Tortelli makes the salad very filling so you really don’t need anything else as a main dish to go with it.
I am a fan of the Wish-Bone Zesty Robusto Italian Dressing for this recipe. It is only 70 calories per serving and has 3 grams of sugar. Next time I’ll give the Wish-Bone Salad Spritzers version of Italian Dressing a try. It only has 35 calories and 2 grams of sugar.
With this being said, I caution you that it is important to watch your portions because some dressings have a relatively high sodium-per-serving level.
- 1 package Family Size Cheese Tortellini
- 2 medium-size cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 packages of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- medium-size red onion, chopped
- 1 small container of Feta cheese-optional
- Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce bottle Wish-Bone Robust Italian Dressing or Italian Dressing of your choice
- Bring a medium to a large pot of water to a boil. Add Tortellini. Cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the cucumber, red onion. Slice the tomatoes.
- Once the Tortellini is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Let cool.
- In a bowl, add the vegetables and pour dressing over. Add in the Tortellini and toss until the Tortellini is coated in the dressing.
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese and Basil. Add pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
I like to use Barilla Collezione 3-Cheese Tortellini pasta all the time, no lie. I’ve been stocking my pantry because it’s convenient to have on hand. I know I’m always talking about healthy whole foods cooking, but let’s be real, I honestly don’t have the time or patience to make my own fresh pasta. Each mom needs a time saver now and then.
For more recipes like this one, visit our family recipe book.
This recipe post may contain affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.