Tag: Ready Made Mixes
Today was one of those almost lazy days indoors where you just want to curl up on the couch with a nice cup of tea, read a book or watch a movie. The temperature outside was 64 degrees and raining all day, which was welcomed because we didn’t have much of a winter here in the sierra foothills. Outside was wet and muddy, which made it even more nice and cozy being behind the walls of our home. We finished filling and shipping orders for the thrift store earlier in the day while the kids played some of their favorite games.
We finished off our night with a yummy Jalapeno Cornbread Casserole. Such a warm comforting meal that finished this day off just right. I am thankful for the much needed rain and look forward to the warmer temperature blessing us next week for our family’s 4th of July camping trip.
Here’s my recipe for the Jalapeno Cornbread Casserole. It is really yummy and a perfect meal for any busy night of the week. 🙂
Jalapeno Cornbread Casserole
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups homemade cornmeal mix ( recipe posting soon!)
- 1/3 cup cream of something soup mix
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- sliced pickled jalapenos, roughly chopped (amount depends on how spicy you want it)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- shredded cheese just for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, add turkey meat and onion. Cook until turkey meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Drain the corn and mix all the ingredients including the turkey meat together in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.