Tag: Quick Breakfast Ideas
A few weeks ago, I was browsing through my new Pampered Chef Spring/Summer Catalog, and got excited about all the new Spring and Summer kitchen and pantry items that have come out to add to my kitchen and give my review. While I was browsing the catalog, I looked over at the fruit bowl and saw three bananas that desperately needed my attention. Banana Muffins sounded good. So, I put on my apron gathered up some ingredients to make some Banana Muffins but I wanted to add something a little sweet and special to them, I decided to grab my Sweet Apple Sprinkle from the pantry. I was lucky enough to have just the right amount I needed for this delicious muffin topping. These muffins were the perfect solution to those bananas that were crying out from the fruit bowl.
Banana Apple Crunch Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Apple Sprinkle
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, lemon juice, lemon flavoring, sugar, egg.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
This is just one of many delicious recipes I’ll be making with my Pampered Chef pantry items!