Tag: Family Meal Planning
I made this Simple Jambalaya for dinner last night, and it was yummy. Nothing fancy. But, delicious, nonetheless.
- 1/4 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coarsely chop onion and add to baking dish. Add pressed garlic, tomatoes, sausage, rice and seasonings; stir.
- Pour broth over rice mixture; cover.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed. Carefully removed baking dish. Stir in corn; cover. Let stand 8-10 minutes.