Tag: 21-Day Fix Recipes
Just because we’ve changed the way we eat, doesn’t mean our foods are boring or bland. I love to try new ways to make recipes like this Chicken Fried Rice and new ways to spice up my weekly meal plan. So as I prepared for my weekly meal plan, I am getting a little bit creative with the basic foods we’ve been eating. The fix meal plan we’ve been on, focuses on plain Jane type of meals, no fancy recipes, which can sometimes lead to bland food! And what family will stick to a bland food healthy meal plan? But I’ve got this covered! I’m spicing it up without having to add a whole lot of ingredients.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
- 2 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper (I cooked my chicken earlier in the day)
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli (mixed veggies can also be used)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs (1 per person)
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2-3 Tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos
- Whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon oil in a small dish then set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken then stir fry until cooked through and remove to a plate. (If using pre-cooked chicken, skip this step.)
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in the wok then add broccoli (or mixed veggies) and green onions. Stir fry until tender, about 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Push vegetables to the side of the wok then add eggs and sesame oil mixture into the center and scramble.
- Add cooked chicken, rice, and Bragg liquid aminos to wok or skillet then toss well to combine.
- Since there were only 4 of us, we ended up having 2 servings leftover for lunch this week.
- Cooking the chicken on your meal prep day saves you time in the kitchen and your day.
For more great 21 Day Fix approved recipes, check out my Recipes Page!