This recipe made in the slow cooker for Pulled-Pork Tacos has great flavor and the cilantro makes this meal refreshing.
The slow-cooker as I’ve said in so many of my previous posts is truly a time-saving resource for when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. It’s a great kitchen tool that helps busy families make those budget-friendly hearty meals, snacks, and desserts.
Easy Slow Cooker Family Suppers
Yesterday, our family spent a beautiful morning shopping and came home to work on a few household projects. I was able to throw this meal together in 15 minutes before we left the house.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
- 1 3 1/2 pound pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 cup of your favorite beer
- 1/2 cup sliced onion, plus more for serving
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 12 Corn or flour tortillas
- Sour Cream
- 1 Lemon or Lime
- Optional: Trim excess fat from pork shoulder roast. ( A little fat will add more flavor to the meat.)
- In a saute’ pan, heat cooking oil and add pork shoulder roast and sear on all sides. Drain off any cooking oil. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the entire pork shoulder roast.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker on low setting add onions, beer, and 1 cup salsa. Stir ingredients together. Add pork shoulder roast and turn to coat. Add 1 more cup of salsa.
- Cook until meat is tender and pulls apart easily 6-8 hours. Warm tortillas in the microwave or oven 20 minutes. wrap in foil to keep warm. Shred the pork while still in the slow cooker and stir.
Serve on warm tortillas with extra salsa, sour cream, cilantro, lemon or lime and a glass of lemonade or ice tea.
As always, my quick and easy recipes for Busy Moms can be found on my website Noel’s Kitchen Tips.com.
Visit Amazon for some of my recommended appliances, storage and kitchen needs along with some of my favorite cookbooks and aprons to help you with your family meal planning.
Would you like to join our growing Family Cooking Club? Share recipes and tips with others? Join us over on Facebook for daily tips and ideas in the kitchen.