Grab your slow cooker and make the most flavorful ribs. The meat just falls off the bone with this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs.
We’ve had a few slow cooker meals for dinner these past couple of weeks. You all know how I love to use it all year round to create those easy delicious meals for my family. Now I have to say that I don’t usually cook ribs, one because the hubby complains they don’t have a lot of meat on them, and two they are rather expensive for a family meal and budget. I usually steer away from them.
A few weeks ago, the grocery store had a great BOGO deal on ribs. It was such a great deal, I couldn’t pass it up, so I picked up a couple. We grilled the first package on the BBQ and the second one I made in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Pampered Chef Smoky Barbecue Rub (any smoky bbq rub will work)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and Pampered Chef Smoky Barbecue Rub. Place in a shallow baking pan. Brown in oven 15 minutes. Turn over, and brown another 15 minutes; drain fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Place ribs in slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs, and turn to coat.
- Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours, or until ribs are tender.
- Serve with corn on the cob and watermelon.