Start the day off with this Quick and Easy Waffle Recipe; a from a slightly sweet and creamy batter topped with fresh fruit, honey or maple syrup.
Having a family breakfast is a great way for families to unwind after a long busy week.
This is one of my favorite, quick and easy recipes for making waffles. * To make this recipe even healthier, try substituting whole wheat flour in place of regular flour. I’ve tested the recipe a few times and 1/3 cup batter works perfect and does not run over the waffle maker. They come out light and delicious!
Quick and Easy Waffle Recipe
- 1 3/4 cup flour*
- 2Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
Non-stick cooking spray for the waffle maker
Toppings: Powdered Sugar, Fresh Blueberries, Whipping Cream, Maple Syrup, Your Favorite Jams or Chopped Nuts
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients. Whisk until batter is moist and combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly spray waffle maker with baking spray. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto each side of a pre-heated waffle maker. Cook until waffles are lightly brown. If your like me, and multi-task in the kitchen, set a timer so you don’t forget to take the waffles off in time! Serve with your favorite toppings. (see above)
Recipe Note: Tips For Freezing Waffles~Cook waffles until they are lightly browned. Let cool and store in an air-tight container or freezer zip-loc bag. When you are ready to use them, pop in toaster or oven to warm. My recommendation would be to not reheat them in the microwave. They tend to come out chewy.