II chose this Perfect Barbecued Ribs Recipe for tonight’s meal because it’s a hearty family meal. Cooked slowly in the oven for a flavorful tender meal.
A family meal is all about sharing. It’s a chance to step back in our busy everyday lives, everyday worries and focus on what really matters. FAMILY.
Dinner Around The Table Recipe
I decided to start sharing
Sunday Suppers Sunday Weekly Family Supper~Dinner Around The Table theme again. It’s one night of the week you really shouldn’t miss gathering around the table for dinner.
Sunday Weekly Family Supper
Sunday Family Suppers start the week off with a fresh new and positive look at the week ahead.
Side dishes are Potatoes Au Gratin, corn and watermelon slices to round up a satisfying meal for the whole family.
Perfect Barbecued Ribs Recipe
- Fresh Rack of Pork Ribs
- Dry Rub
- brown sugar
- Homemade BBQ Sauce (recipe posting later)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Prepare ribs by rinsing under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the ribs in a large baking pan preferably with a wire rack in the bottom to keep the ribs out of the liquid.
- Place them meat side up, cover the ribs in the dry rub, rub it in with your fingers. Then sprinkle the ribs with the brown sugar, I use quite a bit here.
- Put about 2-3 cups of water in the bottom of the pan to keep the ribs from drying out. Cover the ribs with aluminum foil, sealing up as good as you can.
- Bake in the oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven and let them cool for 10 minutes. If you want to add an extra bit of color and smoky flavor, place on the grill for 5 to 7 minutes. Once they are grilled nicely, I like to cut them apart and place them in a deep pan and cover them with BBQ sauce. I let them sit in the sauce while I cook the rest of the meal. You can cover the pan and place in the warm oven too.