It’s been an easy week so far cooking from our pantry, fridge and freezer. Over the weekend, I had put together a few ground beef freezer meals to prepare ahead of time for the week. This recipe is by far, one of the easiest when your a busy mom. Today, I’m sharing a Meatball Sandwich recipe. You could easily do the same thing with leftover meatloaf. However, with these meatballs, I specifically made them for a sandwich. Normally, they are about the size of a large ice cream scoop, I made these just a bit smaller to fit inside of the bun without breaking it.
A meatloaf or meatball sandwich is basically a hamburger just in a different shape so you can add anything to it. But it’s the sauce and toppings that transforms it into something much better.
- 8-12 medium size cooked meatballs
- Individual sandwich rolls ot hot dog buns (could also used a loaf of french bread)
- 2 10-ounce jar spaghetti sauce (or use homemade sauce)approximately 2-3 cups of sauce (reserve leftover sauce and freeze for later use)
- 2 cups Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 dgrees. Toast buns or french bread loaf lightly.
- In a large skillet, add sauce and meatballs to heat. Once heated, add to buns or french bread loaf.
- Spoon a little extra sauce on the top of meatballs.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and serve.