This Homemade Italian Dressing Mix is a great dressing mix I use in a variety of dishes or as a dressing for our weekly salads.
I rarely buy the soup packets at the grocery store because I always keep a variety of spices on hand in my pantry.
I’m always on the lookout for ways to make mixes from scratch. So when I came across this homemade dressing mix on A Few Short Cuts,
I was looking forward to testing the mix on Wednesday night’s dinner–Spinach Sausage Soup. You can use to season meats, veggies, potatoes and more.
Homemade Italian Dressing Mix
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons oregano, ground or leaves
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons salt or substitute
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground basil or leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme or leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
- Mix 2 tbs of this mix with ¼ cup vinegar, 2 tbs water, and ½ to ⅔ cup olive oil or canola oil.
- Shake before using.
For more homemade dressing mixes, please visit our family recipe page.