Good Morning Everyone! Happy Monday! How was everyone’s weekend? I woke up an hour later than usual this morning because I didn’t sleep well in the early morning hours. It happens on occasion.
I’ll wake up at 3 am then I’m up till 4 and wake up at 6 am instead of 5 am. But I wanted to get on here and say a quick hello to you guys and share a simple but very delicious recipe with you! Healthy Easy Baked Chicken. It’s also one that can be added to your 21 Day Fix meal plan.
Meal Prep Ahead
Part of my meal prepping includes prepping chicken for the week. Sometimes just the basic salt and pepper routine can get kind of boring so I like to switch it up a bit and do chicken in marinades.
This recipe includes a delicious healthy marinade that can be used from chicken to shrimp, pork or steak. It’s really easy to throw together and if you freeze your chicken in family portions, the marinade can be added into the freezer bag. It requires only simple ingredients that can be found in your pantry.
The recipe is an easy one that you can make on your Sunday Meal Prep days so you can have chicken throughout the week to use in salads, wraps, and sandwiches!
If you don’t meal prep and freeze your chicken, the marinade can be made in the morning and just simply place the chicken it and store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
This recipe is easily adaptable and you can play around with the ingredients to change it up, play around with the measurements and maybe add in sesame oil instead of coconut oil or Italian seasoning or rosemary and garlic instead of oregano.
Healthy Easy Baked Chicken
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Liquid Brass Aminos (or reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or coconut oil, canola oil)
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Place chicken into a one gallon-size freezer Ziploc bag.
- Add all ingredients to the bag, seal tightly and shake and squeeze the bag so all of the ingredients mix together and chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the chicken (ideally letting it sit for no less than four hours.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the chicken from the bag, placing it into a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Discard remaining marinade.
- Bake for 45 minutes and serve with your favorite sides!
This chicken recipe was taste-tested by the family and approved. Very flavorful and moist!
If you decide to try the recipe, come back and let me know your review.