These delicious and healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins are the perfect option for an on-the-go breakfast on those busy mornings, and because they are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. They are freezable and a breakfast to serve the whole family!
Starting out the new year with a healthy meal plan feels SO good. You can see this week’s current meal plan here. Not only has our nutrition felt like it’s getting back on track after the holidays, but it’s also been a good thing for our budget too.
The increased number of non-processed meals we are eating significantly lowers the grocery bill. Especially since we have a strict budget preparing for our annual family vacation.
Grab and Go Muffins
These are the perfect portable muffins for work or school. I plan on making another couple of batches for the freezer this upcoming weekend in preparation for back to school. A lot of times, the kids sleep in a little later than normal or the bus doesn’t arrive early enough for them to have breakfast at school so these are the perfect grab-and-go breakfasts.
They are quick and easy to make too. I made these right before going to work and they baked in the oven as I was getting ready for work. Took me about 10 minutes to chop, whisk and put in the oven. And just 20-25 minutes to bake.
Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins
These delicious and healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins are the perfect option for an on-the-go breakfast on those busy mornings, and because they are the perfect make-ahead breakfast. They are freezable and breakfast to serve the whole family!
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped to bite size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup organic pepper jack cheese, shredded (optional omit for paleo)
- 1/2 cup turkey bacon
- 12 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash paprika
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or spray lightly with coconut oil cooking spray
- Step 2 set aside.
- Step 3 In a large bowl or stand mixer, crack open eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add a dash of salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Step 4 To the bowl, add the vegetables.
- Step 5 Add the turkey bacon and cheese, (optional)
- Step 6 Fold ingredients together until combined.
- Step 7 Scoop mixture into muffin molds about 3/4 full.
- Step 8 Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until egg muffins become slightly brown.
- Step 9 Allow muffins to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for about 5 minutes before removing.
- Step 10 Muffins will keep airtight for up to 1 week in the fridge
- Step 11 reheat gently in the microwave or serve cold. It can also be placed in a gallon size freezer bag and stored in freezer up to 3 months.
- Step 12 To reheat, place in microwave for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 13
Start your day off right with the Healthy Breakfast Egg Muffins, loaded with fresh veggies, and can be made in advance!
I talked about how important it is to eat healthy in my post See How Eating Healthy Can Save You Money and Calories. This is a perfect recipe to add into your new year for eating healthy.
*recipe adapted from Healthy Meets Delicious