Want to make the perfect potato salad? This recipe for Dante’s Loaded Potato Salad makes for the perfect side dish to any backyard BBQ.
During the summer, I like to include a lot of picnic and BBQ meals into my weekly summer meal plans. Potato salad is one that I make quite often, and it’s one of our son’s favorite recipes. The whole family loves potato salad but they are not very fond of mayonnaise.
Since I started making my own Greek Yogurt, I was inspired to create this version of our son’s favorite potato salad for our 4th of July BBQ. Instead of using bacon, I added ham (lower in calories and healthier choice) and for a little bit of a tangy kick some ranch dressing.
Dante’s Loaded Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1 cup honey ham, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnish with chopped parsley or chopped chives (optional)
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until tender (approximately 15 minutes.) Drain and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooled potatoes, the ham, celey, pickle, red onion, Greek yogurt, and cheese. Stir gently to combine. Add in seasonings. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Chill before serving.