You’ll be surprised just how easy it is to make those meals you order from the take-out menu. Like this easy Crockpot Sesame Garlic Chicken recipe I’m sharing with you today.
I can’t remember the last time we ordered our favorite take-out chicken dishes from a Chinese restaurant. Going out to eat never really seems to cross our minds. We’ve become so adapted to the life of having a meal plan , that it’s been so easy to make our meals right at home.
Crockpot Sesame Garlic Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, reserve pineapple slices for garnish (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 Tablespoons water
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper and place chicken in crock pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together honey, onion, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and pineapple juice.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. (Crock Pot times vary depending on your crock pot.)
- Remove chicken from crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch to water, mix and pour into crock pot. Turn crock pot onto HIGH and let sauce thicken.
- Shred chicken by using two forks to pull apart. Return chicken to crock pot and toss with sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds over rice, noodles and serve with broccoli (my fave) or your favorite vegetables. garnish with pineapple slices.
This is the [easyazon_link identifier=”B003OAJGJO” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”funfitnessmom-20″]Crockpot[/easyazon_link] I use as it helps me create those extra meals for my freezer. That’s an affiliate link. Your Amazon purchase through one of my links helps support this site, so thank you!