Comforting Fall soup recipes continue with a delicious Loaded Baked Potato Chowder that is made in the crock pot. It’s a similar version to the recipe I learned to make as a Pampered Chef consultant a few years ago. That version was made in one of the best kitchen baking/cooking investments I made as a consultant…The Deep Covered Baker. That recipe was created for using the microwave. Yes, I said the the microwave. You’d be amazed at how delicious it was and your family would never be able to tell it was made in the microwave. Because, I am a working mom outside of the home, I do a lot of re-creating my recipes like this one for the crock pot. Especially this time of year when the weather starts to get cooler and wet.
If you’re a fan of the Pampered Chef recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, you and your family are going to LOVE this crock pot version. You do have to wait 20 minutes once you put the frozen corn, cheese, chives and milk in once you walk in the door from work, but you’ll know it’s going to be worth that extra 20 minutes when you walk in the door and you can just smell the goodness of the soup.
Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half cream or milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled, optional
- extra cheese, for sprinkling, optional
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large crockpot; cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potato should be tender).
- Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soupy is slightly thickened. Stir in cream, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, frozen corn and chives. Cook 20 minutes or until corn is heated and cheese melts and chowder is creamy.
- Serve. Sprinkle with bacon (if used) and more cheese.