Brrrrrr…. It’s starting to get cold out there. So what better way to warm up the family than with a nice bowl of soup, stew or chili? Today I’m cooking with ingredients from the pantry and freezer. So yummy and comforting, this soup is delicious and healthy! Give it a try!
|Chicken Tortilla Soup||
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloved, pressed or minced
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 28 tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred before serving.
You can serve with shredded monterey jack cheese, chopped avocado and crisp tortilla chips on to top of soup.