Tonight’s Family Meal Plan idea is a Chicken and Mashed Potato Casserole served with Steamed Broccoli and Homemade Crock Pot Apple Sauce. A budget-friendly dish the whole family will enjoy!
Chicken and Mashed Potato Casserole
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 10-12 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts into tender size pieces. In a large skillet, heat oil and add chicken tenders. Cook chicken until no longer pink approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the bottom of a casserole dish, spread mashed potatoes evenly across the bottom. Add chicken tenders over the mashed potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup and milk and add over the chicken.
- Sprinkle crushed Ritz crackers over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: To save time, make the mashed potatoes ahead of time and store in the fridge. This recipe also works with instant mashed potatoes.
Need a little meal planning inspiration? Check out my Recipe Index which is updated daily with new recipes that include a grocery shopping list!
Are you wondering what to make for dinner tonight for your family? You’ll love my easy, make-ahead and money-saving recipes on what to cook your family for dinner! You are encouraged to not only list your dinner plans below, but to request ideas, make suggestions and of course add your favorite recipes!