Hi Everyone! It’s Tuesday and time for another Recipe Exchange. Last week, we focused our recipe exchange on comfort-style recipes. Thank you for sharing a recipe. This week, we’re sharing Breakfast for Dinner recipes. Have any family favorites? Post them below.
Is your weekly meal plan set for the week? Are you still looking for recipes?
I’m always on the lookout and I love discovering new recipes to try adding to our Master Meal Planning List as I’m sure most of my readers do. It can also be a place where you can share that old recipe you’ve always enjoyed, or maybe find that recipe for using an ingredient you’ve always been looking for!
So if you posted an awesome recipe on your blog this week, link it up here in the comment section below!
If you have a recipe to share and you don’t have a blog just post it for us in the comments! I’ll be hosting this exchange every Tuesday so don’t forget to mark your calendars! Here’s the rules for Recipe Exchange Tuesday:
- The link posted must go directly to the recipe not to a homepage or a search category. All incorrect submissions will be deleted.
- And please link back to Recipe Exchange Tuesday so everyone can join in the fun!
Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
At the end of the day, I’ll pick my favorite recipe that’s linked up and feature it the following week! So make sure you link up lots of recipes and let your friends know so they can too!
Today’s featured recipe Corn Pancakes aka “Corn Cakes”. This is an easy recipe for any night of the week and a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies. I served them with a simple green salad but they would compliment other choices like burgers, steak or tacos.
The one thing I like about this recipe is that you can add other ingredients like a little bit of chopped green onion, bacon, shredded zucchini, diced red or green bell peppers along with some cumin and other spices to add a little bit of a southwestern flavor. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk, depending on how thick you want your pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen*)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper. Add the egg and milk and whisk until just combined; fold in corn kernels.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat; working in two batches, drop scant 1/4 cups of batter into skillet. Flatten slightly; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add more oil if needed. Serve immediately.
*If using frozen corn kernels, remove from freezer and rinse in a colander. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes to defrost. Remove any excess water with a paper towel by patting the corn dry. This helps prevent the corn to taste chewy and hard.
recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.com