Most of this past holiday weekend was spent with a household full of kids and slumber parties as we celebrated our
little (she’s a big girl now) 10th birthday. Yes, if you can’t tell, she’s the one in the middle.
Her actual birthday is today so I thought it would be a special surprise to have her wake up to a fun breakfast. I found this recipe while I was looking for some other homemade baking mixes to restock our pantry with. The kids and I always have fun making the funfetti cookies and cake and these were a hit as well. Be warned though, these are pretty sweet. 🙂
Cake Batter Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups milk (you want a thin batter but not watery)
- assorted sprinkles (I used pastel colors leftover from Easter)
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients. Whisk together. Fold in sprinkles. (I mixed all of the ingredients together in my large Pampered Chef Batter Bowl the night before and stored covered in the fridge .
- When ready to use, cook the pancakes like normal on a hot griddle or pan.
Ingredients For Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk (add a little more if necessary until desired consistency)
- more sprinkles
Directions For Glaze:
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla & milk together until it forms a glaze. You might need to add more milk.
- Add sprinkles
- Pour over pancakes
What a special treat for a birthday breakfast! Happy Birthday Baby Girl!