This recipe is perfect for your backyard summer family BBQ. It’s super simple to make and a yummy recipe with broccoli I know my family enjoys. Enjoy as a main dish, as a quick lunch or as a side dish to any summer meal. Enjoy!
- 8 cups of fresh broccoli
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup raisins or craisins or you could use half and half ( I pre-soak them so they are nice and plump)
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (minus the dressing ingredients.) Set aside.
- For the dressing: In a separate bowl, add the mayo and sugar. Mix.
- Mix in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the broccoli mixture, toss and refrigerate the salad up to 3 hours. (This allows the flavors to meld.)
- Season with more salt and pepper and serve!