It’s been a long time since I truly sat down to watch a football game. Since High School in fact. I was a die hard Raider fan. I know, I know but I’ve always liked them. My husband doesn’t usually watch football routinelyeither (since I’ve known him) but he’s a 49ners fan. And because they were in the Super Bowl both he and our 12 year old son sat down for some male bonding time. So for dinner, I thought this fun dish might be appropriate. I originally was going to make this in a baking dish but since it was the Super Bowl, I wanted to make a finger food dish. Either way you make it, it will taste good!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1-2 cups of BBQ Sauce (use as much as you like)
- 1/2 of a large green pepper pepper diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped sweet potatoes (I used canned–great way to sneak this vegetable in 🙂 )
- 2 1/4 cups of Homemade Baking Mix (another frugal recipe sharing soon)
- 2/3 cup of Milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Add beef and onion to skillet and cook until done.
- Lower heat to simmer and mix in BBQ sauce, green pepper and sweet potato.
- Mix baking mix and milk in a bowl.
- Drop a spoonful of dough into a muffin tin. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough.
- Bake biscuits for about 2 minutes, then take out of oven and add a large spoonful of the meat mixture to each muffin tin on top of the biscuit dough. Press the spoon down making a little cup for the mix.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 8-10 minutes.