A very budget-friendly meal that’s quick for any weeknight. We didn’t even get to have any leftovers…
Bangers and Mash
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 beef or polish sausages
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, add salt and simmer until just tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add butter and mash with a potato masher. Gradually add milk until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- While the potatoes are simmering on the stove, start to cook the sausages.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the sausages and cook on all sides until brown and cooked through. Set aside in a warm place. (I used the crock pot and placed on warm setting.)
- In the same skillet, heat the butter and gently fry the onions until they tender and are golden brown.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, beef stock cubes and water in a bowl. Add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and simmer to reduce until you have a nice gravy consistency.
- Pile the mashed potatoes on the plate with the sausages on top and pour over the onion gravy.