These Banana Peanut Butter Bites make for a delicious summertime clean eating snack and kids absolutely love them!
Great snack Idea!!! Remember I was telling you about all those bananas I get from the fruit stand across the street from the store? Well, I made these banana bites this morning and I keep them in the freezer ready to go for when the family wants a quick healthy snack.
They are perfect because you can make them ahead of time and keep them chilled before serving.
You could also substitute the peanut butter for almond butter, cashew butter, a hazelnut spread or anything else your family enjoys.
Banana Peanut Butter Bites
- 1 to 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- Natural Peanut Butter (I use Adams Natural Peanut Butter)
- Top one slice of banana with peanut butter, place another slice on top.
- Place on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from freezer and scoop up banana bites with spatula and place in a Ziploc bag. Put back in the freezer and they are ready anytime your kids or even you want a snack. 🙂
Tip: To keep the bananas from turning brown:
- Place sliced bananas on the tray in the freezer for around 2 hours, until the slices become solid.
- Take them out and transfer the slices into a large freezer bag or glass container, label with the date, and place them back in the freezer.
How long can you store bananas?
You can store frozen bananas for up to 6 months, but it is better to use them within 3-4 months. For unpeeled frozen bananas, the shelf life comes down to just 2 months.