Our Weekly Meal Plan December 3 shares our family’s quick and easy meals for every day of the week. We’re even celebrating National Cookie Day with a few treats. There are easy ideas for side dishes too!
Happy December Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. On Sunday, I did a little bit of relaxing. Started off by making our traditional Sunday morning pancakes while I had a pot of Adobo Pinto Beans on the stove and tested making brown rice in the crock pot. I try and utilize all my cooking tools on meal prep day.
The kids had friends over so I pretty much spent the day watching holiday movies. It always gets me in the holiday decorating mood. Lots of Christmas decorating to do this weekend. I started putting a few things out during the week, but the tree still needs to go up and the lights outside need to be hung.
It feels weird to already be thinking about Christmas, the year really seemed to fly by. As I’m already surrounded by boxes of Christmas goodies left unwrapped. The next few weeks are busy with school finals, work as usual and I’m trying to fit in a holiday party party for the kids and their friends so our meal plans have to be flexible. We have a few freezer meals ready to go in case our weekly plan goes awry.
In addition to having some freezer meals prepped, we always have a few fallbacks when we are not up for cooking.
- Eggs (Usually make an easy Frittata or Omelet with extra veggies in the fridge is a favorite)
- Sandwich night (Grilled cheese, Quesadillas, Tuna melts, etc)
- Pasta and sauce with mushrooms. Simple yet comforting.
- C.O.R.N. -Clean Out Refrigerator Night -Helps reduce unnecessary food waste.
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits.Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan December 3 is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan December 3
My weekly meal plan December 3 and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my Recipe Index page.
Dinner (one new recipe will post throughout the week)
Sunday: Adobo Beans and Rice with salad and tortillas
Monday: Spaghetti and Italian Meatballs
Tuesday: Leftover Adobo Beans, Rice and Salad -(we’re off to San Francisco for the day)
Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup -(easy soup recipe made in your Crock Pot that is bursting with bold and spicy flavors!)
Thursday: Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Spaghetti Squash (makes a great gluten free, low carb comfort food dinner!)
Friday: Pizza Night
Saturday: Butternut Squash Soup (Unbelievably smooth, creamy, and flavorful, this comforting soup makes itself completely in the crockpot and you’ll never believe it’s only 110 calories per bowl!)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries, Pears and Bacon
Christmas may come just once a year. And so does National Cookie Day, which is today Dec. 4. Celebrate this time-honored baking tradition by whipping up one of these recipes today.
Having our food prepped and the week planned has me entering this week feeling organized and ready to take on the week and I’m excited to keep up this two hours on a Sunday and Monday routine. Bring on the week!
Hope you find some ideas and recipes from Meal Plan December 3. You’ll find more recipe sharing and tips on my Facebook page.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!