Our Weekly Meal Plan November 12 shares our family’s quick and easy meals for every day of the week. There are easy ideas for side dishes and a delicious dessert too!
Happy Monday to you all! Hope your weekend was full of rest and relaxation. We are less than two weeks until Thanksgiving! I can’t believe it’s so soon! The hubby and I went out for a little shopping yesterday and noticed the holiday displays are in full swing! Christmas displays are everywhere.
Since the holidays quickly are right around the corner, I decided for this week’s meal plan to get some crock pot meals done. Each crock pot meal I make, is made for 4-6 adults (teenagers eat more now) and always enough for at least one, maybe two lunches throughout the week. You can always double the recipe for a larger size family.
This week’s Healthy Weekly Meal Plan will definitely help me stay on track with my food choices and save me time in the kitchen . And don’t forget to come back and check out this week’s featured recipe on Wednesday for my version of Poor Man’s Stew, it’s perfect for a rainy day.
Now onto the meal plan for the week
Eating meals at home with our families is a great way for families to reconnect and develop relationships as well as customize our families’ meals and nutrition habits.Not to mention, it saves you money!
The Weekly Plan is Posted
There’s some great recipes in this week’s Weekly Meal Plan! Often times when Sunday rolls around and busy schedules, as moms we don’t have a clue what to make for meals during the week. Let alone always have the time to map out a plan. Lucky for you and me I’ll generally be sharing these healthy weekly meal plans every Sunday night or early Monday mornings!
I hope you enjoy all the delicious recipes (fingers crossed I can get the posts up during the week so check back) and find these posts helpful. Happy week ahead! Enjoy!
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Now, are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards program We save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan November 12
My weekly meal plan and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my Recipe Index page with a grocery list included.
Dinner (one new recipe will post throughout the week)
Sunday: Tortilla Pizza
Monday: Featured Recipe of the Week– Noodles with Poor Man’s Stew
Tuesday: My Favorite Chili
Wednesday: Honey Sesame Chicken, serve with broccoli and rice
Thursday:Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
Friday: Chicken Fajitas
Saturday: Sloppy Joes
- Mixed Green Salad
- Homemade Freezer Biscuits
- Peanut Butter Brownie Pizza
Having our food prepped and the week planned has me entering this week feeling organized and ready to take on the week and I’m excited to keep up this two hours on a Sunday and Monday routine. Bring on the week!