Our Weekly Meal Plan September 24 shares our quick and easy meals for every day of the week. There are easy side dishes and a couple of delicious desserts too!
Happy Sunday Everyone! If you live in an area where the seasons cooperate than you’re probably in the beginning of Fall. Up here in the Sierra Foothills, the weather has become cool with some windy days. The trees are already started to change color which means it’s time to start thinking about altering those meal plans for getting cozy with soups, stews, and casseroles.
We’re keeping organized and putting more effort into frugal living and my hope is to help you all on this journey with me to continually save time in the kitchen, have a weekly meal plan and continue to create those family mealtime memories.
Be sure to check out my post on How We’re Cutting Our Grocery Bill for some frugal tips on your next shopping trip. Are you ready for the meal plan?
My Meal Planning Process:
- Prepare for the week: Our family typically meal plans on Sunday (since it’s my first day off from work) and plan out what we are having for breakfast, lunch and dinner each week. Because we know what we are eating each morning (this definitely helps on those crazy school mornings) and night, it means less stress, less money splurged on eating out and the ability to pull anything frozen out of the freezer the night before.
- Save some money: ibotta’s cash back rewards programWe save money on items we purchase often when we can combine a sale and a use a coupon, or even the store’s savings app. I tend to use for every grocery store and Target’s Cartwheel for Target combined with ibotta. I saved $4.77 on yesterday’s shopping trip using these two apps. We also save money by only purchasing the items we plan to eat within a given week, vs. going to the grocery store hungry and winging it… Because we all know how that turns out.
- Weekly schedules: We always keep our weekly schedules and appointments in mind when we meal plan. Some nights the kids go off to Neo (a safe, fun social hangout place for kids) or school functions, which means quick and easy dinners. And on our family nights mean we can pick something new to make and spend a little more time preparing a good meal.
It’s all about finding that balance.
Weekly Meal Plan September 24
My weekly meal plan and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Sandwiches, Chicken Salad Wraps, Tortilla Rollups (aka “Prairie Sushi”), protein shakes, pizza roll ups, salad, fresh cut veggies and/or fruit
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu.I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my Recipe Index page with a grocery list included.
Dinner (recipes will post throughout the week)
Sunday: Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Wedges and Mixed Green Salad
Monday: Chicken in a Slow Cooker
Tuesday: Bean and Meat Crock Pot Enchiladas
Wednesday: Teriyaki Turkey Rice
Thursday: Vegetable Beef Barley Soup
Friday: Bergala Family Farms Tomato Sauce and Poached Egg
Saturday: Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta with Chicken
- Restaurant Style Pinto Beans
- Asparagus with Maple Mustard Glaze
Having our food prepped and the week planned has me entering this week feeling organized and ready to take on the week and I’m excited to keep up this two hours on a Sunday routine. Bring on the week!