This BBQ Sloppy Joe Recipe Slider Recipe is sweet and spicy and so easy to make. It’s one of my family’s favorite quick weeknight comfort foods.
Sloppy Joes are one of the easiest and quickest meals to make for the family. Their meaty filling is versatile and can stretch to feed a crowd.Sometimes I use ground turkey and other times like for this recipe, I’ll use extra lean ground beef. It cooks up quickly and I don’t have to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen prepping and cooking.
Right now, we are eating from the pantry, meaning we are using what we have rather than running to the grocery store wasting unnecessary gas to pick up what we need. I mention gas because has you seen the gas prices lately?! Yesterday, in town I spend $3.19 on gas. Yikes, that’s way too much. That’s why this recipe is so perfect. You can create any number of sloppy joes variations with a few twists in the sauce’s flavor. Sometimes, I’ll even add beans to make the filling stretch even further.
We normally serve these on Hawaiian rolls, homemade hamburger buns or on sunflower poppy seed rolls which now have become my favorite.
BBQ Sloppy Joe Sliders Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb Extra Lean Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced or sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Grandma’s Tomato Sauce
1. Chop onion, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
2. Brown ground beef. Drain beef and make sure that most of the grease is out of the skillet. Return to skillet.
3. Add onions and garlic to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat
4. Add peppers, the BBQ sauce and Grandma’s sauce and cook for another 15 minutes until most of the liquid is reduced and sauce is thick.
5. Serve Sloppy Joe mixture on rolls.
Looking for some more great sandwich recipes? Try these:
- Classic Tuna Melt
- Family Sub Sandwich
- Grilled Cheese, Ham and Apple Sandwich
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Meatball Sandwich
- Quick Egg Salad Sandwich
There really is no limit to many different ways you can make Sloppy Joe to make it a quick fix dinner any night of the week.
Noel’s Kitchen Tips site uses affiliate links to share our favorite products and brands with you. By clicking on these links, the site makes a small percentage in commission to help us continue inspiring your journey! Thanks for the support!
What’s YOUR favorite way to make Sloppy Joes?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!