Mexican Taco Meat – Fixate Recipe Review
Do you struggle with your portion control and healthy eating? Do you know what your portions should actually be in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle? Whether you’ve done the 21 Day Fix workouts or not, you could definitely benefit from the 21 Day Fix eating program which uses color-coded containers and the companion recipe book, Fixate. Check out my review of Mexican Taco Meat!
Raise your hand if you LOVE Mexican food!!!! ???
I have two hands up ?? because we have Mexican food at least two times a week at our house. It’s one of our favorite foods!!! We had this recipe for Mexican Taco Meat the other night and it’s such a versatile recipe filling not just for tacos but burritos, wraps, salads, casseroles, soups, etc. and so simple to make. Can I get a busy mom high five! ✋
This recipe comes from the Fixate cookbook. I highly recommend the cookbook and have shared a few other recipes from it right here on the blog! I purchased the cookbook for $19.95.
Mexican Taco Meat
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder (or 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder)
- 1 tsp. dried Mexican oregano leaves
- dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 1/2 cups Grandma’s Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste, no salt added
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to a medium bowl; set aside.
- Add turkey to the same skillet; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently to break up the turkey, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Season with chili powder, oregano and salt.
- Add onion mixture , Grandma’s Tomato Sauce, and tomato paste. Mix well. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until most liquid evaporates.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!