This Sweet Potato, Turkey Bacon Egg Bake is a delicious and healthy breakfast or dinner recipe you can make in advance to enjoy the entire week.
Sweet Potato, Turkey Bacon Egg Bake
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-1 inch slices
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 8 oz turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 4 oz low-fat shredded cheese mixture (usually Cheddar & Mozzarella but Pepper Jack would give it a little kick.)
- Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a large glass baking dish with olive oil or nonstick coconut spray.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sweet potatoes and enough water to fully cover them, and bring to a boil. Boil for 7-9 minutes, until you can pierce easily with a fork. Drain, and set aside.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, saute the turkey bacon, onion and garlic in olive oil in a large pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the casserole! On the bottom of the dish, add the sweet potato rounds in one even layer.
- Top with the turkey bacon and onion mixture, and spread evenly.
- Make the eggs! Whisk the eggs, almond milk, and seasonings in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the cheese mixture, and season well with salt, pepper and thyme. Stir to combine. Pour this mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Meal Prep Tip: If you’re going to use this as meal prep, separate into portions and cool completely before freezing. I like to wrap in Saran wrap and then place all servings into a large freezer bag.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!