I seriously love oatmeal and this morning to I had to give this new 21 Day Fix Extreme Peanut Butter and Berry Oatmeal a try. The original recipe from the plan called for strawberries and I switched it up a bit and decided to use mixed berries. I never add peanut butter to my oatmeal and wasn’t so sure but I am so glad I did because it was absolutely delicious!!! It is definitely going to be a part of my weekly meal plans!
Peanut Butter and Berry Oatmeal
Makes: 1 serving
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tsp. all-natural peanut butter (no sugar added-my fave Adams)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- 1 cup mixed berries (or sliced strawberries)
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Add oats; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is just absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter; mix well. If too thick, add almond milk.
- Top with berries.
- 1 Purple
- 1 Yellow
- 1 teaspoon
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!