This is a delicious recipe for healthy black bean brownies made with black beans and powdered oats and contains only clean eating ingredients. No one will ever know that there are black beans in it since it has such a dark chocolate rich taste!
My family loves sweets and would eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they could, but for my benefit (and their own), I try to find healthier versions. The brownies came out really good and I would highly recommend them! And they were super easy to make! However, keep in mind that just because they are “healthy” doesn’t mean you can eat more… it defeats the purpose!
Healthy Black Bean Brownies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups (2 cans) black or kidney beans (canned or cooked) – we used black beans
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (or agave or honey) – we used honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Blend the oats until they form a flour consistency; add in baking soda and salt.
- Rinse and dry black beans very well to eliminate excess water.
- Add beans, honey, honey, melted coconut oil, and cocoa powder into a large bowl or food processor. Blend until all ingredients are creamy and smooth. (You could add a few chocolate chips in too! I didn’t because I have to watch the types of chocolate I use and my son and I don’t care much for dark chocolate.)
- Pour into pan and spread evenly. Top with chocolate chips(optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
I still have to calculate the nutritional info on this Healthy Black Bean Brownies recipe but as far as containers go, *** 21 Day FIX Containers: 1 yellow treat ***** Kid Tested & Family Approved!
Like this recipe? Check out my recipe page for more great healthy 21 Day Fix approved recipes!