Happy Saturday! This morning, I decided to change things up with our meal plan for the day. We’ve pretty much for the more part have eaten the same foods for the past two weeks. So today, I wanted to spice it up a bit. My man loves meatloaf and I haven’t fixed it for him since we began our eat clean journey in the middle of August. So when I came across this recipe for Turkey Meatloaf Muffins in Jamie Eason’s 12 week livefit program, I thought these would be perfect for our weekly menu.
Since these are 21-Day Approved, I decided to make them this morning. It gives us a perfect blend of complex carbohydrates and protein for a complete snack. I even made a double batch to freeze so we can grab for a quick snack or lunch. I’m allowed 2, hubby is allowed 4, so we’ll have those for lunch today and we will pair it with a big salad. They are easy to make and easy to take and go! The best part is that the kids will love them too!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice (I didn’t have this on hand in my pantry, so I used cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped (I omitted these because I added in the zucchini and carrot)
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1-2 carrots shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with olive oil or line with baking cups
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin tin. Muffins should be about the size of racquet balls.
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Makes 12 muffins
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 11 g
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!