I love Homemade Nut Butter…do you? Have you ever made it? It’s really super easy, here’s how you do it…
Homemade Nut Butter
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place nuts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast nuts in oven until lightly brown approximately 12-15 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent burning.
- Place roasted nuts in food processor and turn the food processor on, and let it do it’s job. At first, you’ll have nothing but nut dust, and you’ll have to scrape down the sides of your processor several times with a rubber spatula. Approximately 5 minutes. Add the Flax and Chia seeds.
- Allow the processor to continue running. Eventually, you will start to see your nut butter will begin to clump.
- Let the processor continue running until nut butter reaches desired consistency. I promise it will get nice and creamy, but a little patience is involved.
- Using my food processor, roasted nut butter takes me about 10 minutes to make, and raw nut butter takes slightly longer, 15 minutes maybe?
This recipe is a 21-Day Fix Snack Approved recipe. It’s delicious in my Shakeology!