It’s been awhile since I posted anything about our Friday Family Pizza Night. So let me start off by saying WAHOO…it’s Friday!!! I hope you all are doing something special with your family this weekend. Friday Nights are usually dedicated to family pizza and a movie night at our house.
Friday Family Pizza Night
We love homemade pizza so we really look forward to Family Friday Nights. Yes, we could drive up the hill and pay $5 for a pizza at Little Caesars but it just doesn’t compare to pizzas made at home. Plus, no waste in gas for the car.
Tonight, we’re trying a new recipe where the dough has no rise time. Which makes having a homemade pizza in just 30 minutes! How cool is that?
Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in your mixer and mix until a soft dough ball forms. If your dough is too sticky add a bit more flour.
- Put your mixer on level 2 and let your dough knead for 5 minutes.
- While the mixer is doing its magic I get out my toppings and sauce. (Chopping and dicing the ingredients ahead of time and storing in the fridge ready to go can save you time.)
- Roll your dough out onto your pizza pan. I use a round pizza pan with holes on the bottom.
- Spread sauce on top of dough. Add toppings like green bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, purple onions, pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella cheese. Have fun with it!
- Layer on your toppings and then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Brush crust with olive oil and let cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Our family loves a supreme pizza. So I usually brown a pound of sausage or turkey meat and only use part. I freeze and save the rest for other pizza nights. Cooked meat freezes great in quart size freezer bags! It’s really quick to thaw too. Simply run under warm water. It defrosts in just a few minutes.
Some of our favorite family movies:
Give it a try this Friday, make a pizza and watch a movie with your family. Have a happy Friday Family Pizza Night. They’re seriously THE BEST!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!