I made these breakfast muffins yesterday because I was looking for a quick breakfast for the hubby and I while I while we were getting tasks done around the house. They are made with scrambled eggs which adds a very nice texture to the muffin. These muffins are quick and easy to make, plus they freeze well. They are a great breakfast on-the-go!
They are packed full of egg and cheese with a little bit of fresh dill. I didn’t add any bacon, sausage or ham to these muffins but you certainly could. If you’re looking for more of a spicy breakfast you could add some peppers and onions and serve with a little salsa or whatever you like. Diced cooked potatoes might be good too.
Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 raw egg
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, roughly chopped
- bacon, sausage or ham (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Coarsely chop the scrambled eggs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, dry mustard, salt, black pepper and dill. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese, and the cooked eggs.
- Whisk together the milk, oil, and egg. Stir the liquids into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the muffins 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!