I can’t remember the last time we ordered our favorite take-out chicken dishes from a Chinese restaurant. Going out to eat never really seems to cross our minds. We’ve become so adapted to the life of having a meal plan , that it’s been so easy to make our meals right at home. You’ll be surprised just how easy it is to make those meals you order from the take-out menu. Like this easy Crock Pot Sesame Garlic Chicken recipe I’m sharing with you today.
Crock Pot Sesame Garlic Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, reserve pineapple slices for garnish (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 Tablespoons water
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper and place chicken in crock pot.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together honey, onion, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and pineapple juice.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through. (Crock Pot times vary depending on your crock pot.)
- Remove chicken from crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch to water, mix and pour into crock pot. Turn crock pot onto HIGH and let sauce thicken.
- Shred chicken by using two forks to pull apart. Return chicken to crock pot and toss with sauce before serving.
- Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds over rice, noodles and serve with broccoli (my fave) or your favorite vegetables. garnish with pineapple slices.