Having breakfast for dinner on a busy weeknight is a family favorite at our house. If I know our weekly schedule is packed with evening activities or if I’ve had a busy day at work and exhausted, breakfast is always a fast meal choice for us. It’s much healthier than swinging by the pizza place or a drive thru and I can still feed my family a healthy meal. These Homemade McGriddle sandwiches are a favorite and very versatile with ingredients. I always make a few extra and store them in the freezer for a breakfast on the run because they keep well. Breakfast for dinner is not only delicious but a very frugal meal choice.
- Make your favorite pancake recipe. I use this Homemade Pancake Recipe. (you can make them small or big, it’s your choice.)
- Cook your favorite turkey or beef sausage patties, or your favorite bacon
- Scramble or fry your eggs.
- Assemble pancake, egg, sausage or bacon, add a slice of cheese and top with another pancake.
- Add a little bit of maple syrup in between. (optional)