My family loves burgers, but we also love having burger sandwiches on regular whole wheat sandwich bread.
On this week’s simple suppers menu, I’m serving these Onion Burger Sandwiches with Creamy Salsa and a side of Mexican Rice instead of the usual french fries or homemade potato fries. It’s nice to change up your meals once in a while. 🙂
Oh, and before I forget, this recipe uses my Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix and these sandwiches couldn’t be more simple to make.
Onion Burger Sandwich with Creamy Salsa
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, drained
- wheat bread slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry onion soup mix with ground beef. Mix well; shape into 8 patties. Grill or broil patties until done.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and salsa.
- Arrange onion burgers on bread, then top with creamy salsa.