Pasta Salad is a favorite at our house. I love to make it during the summer when the weather is warmer and you just don’t feel like cooking. It’s great for BBQ’s, potlucks and a it’s a perfect leftover dish for lunches. It’s also on this week’s simple supper menu.
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Supreme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons McCormick’s Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound (I use 4 chicken breasts) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 ounce box tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup deli-sliced mild pepper rings
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix oil, vinegar, Seasoning, mustard and oregano until well blended.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour 1/2 the dressing over chicken; turn to coat well. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Refrigerate chicken 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice chicken into thin slices. Let cool.
- Boil and cook pasta according to box or package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Toss pasta, chicken, broccoli, tomato, pepper rings, Parmesan cheese and remaining dressing in a large salad bowl. Refrigerate for one hour or longer to let the flavors marinate.
*Pasta salads like this recipe can be made the night before or in the morning and placed in the fridge until dinner.
What’s your favorite pasta salad?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!