Pasta Salad is a favorite at our house. I love to make it during the summer when the weather is warmer and you just don’t feel like cooking. It’s great for BBQ’s, potlucks and a it’s a perfect leftover dish for lunches. It’s also on this week’s simple supper menu.
Grilled Chicken Pasta Salad Supreme
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons McCormick’s Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound (I use 4 chicken breasts) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12 ounce box tri-color rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup deli-sliced mild pepper rings
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix oil, vinegar, Seasoning, mustard and oregano until well blended.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour 1/2 the dressing over chicken; turn to coat well. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Refrigerate chicken 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice chicken into thin slices. Let cool.
- Boil and cook pasta according to box or package instructions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Toss pasta, chicken, broccoli, tomato, pepper rings, Parmesan cheese and remaining dressing in a large salad bowl. Refrigerate for one hour or longer to let the flavors marinate.
*Pasta salads like this recipe can be made the night before or in the morning and placed in the fridge until dinner.