Zucchini bread has always been a favorite quick bread of mine and when zucchini is in season, I always end up with a ton in the fridge.
Whether I’m chopping them up and throwing them into stews, or mixed veggies for topping rice, fried zucchini fritters or even a zucchini bread filled with wonderfully aromatic spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, chances are there is always some sort of dish involving this yummy vegetable.
Here’s a super quick and easy way to prepare a delicious quick simple quick bread that everyone will love. I made 6 loaves of quick breads for our freezer over the weekend and 4 loaves were with zucchini. My family loves zucchini bread so I’m lucky that many loaves made it to the freezer. We’re already on our second loaf.
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and drained well*
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together zucchini, eggs, oil, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon; add zucchini mixture in. Add raisins if desired.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until the center springs back when touched.
Noel’s Quick Recipe Note:
*Once you have grated the zucchini, using a paper towel, lightly squeeze excess moisture from zucchini. This helps prevent a soggy and uncooked bread.
I also made this recipe using 1 cup shredded carrot with 1 cup grated zucchini.