Hi Moms! I wanted to share another really quick and simple weeknight meal with you. With back to school approaching us quickly, we need to start thinking about adding quick dishes to our weekly menus. This dish comes together quickly and requires just a few ingredients.
If you have the time like on a meal prepping day, you could make your own pesto ahead of time and store in the fridge until your ready to use or you can buy the store bought pesto too! The chicken can also be grilled ahead of time and frozen or if you’ll be making the dish sooner stored in the fridge.
Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large grilled chicken breasts (for a family of 4, I use 2 chicken breasts*)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pesto
- 1 package bow tie pasta
- Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese for topping (optional)
- Cut grilled chicken into bite size pieces.
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package or box.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium pan, sauté chicken, garlic and olive oil. (just enough to give the chicken a little bit of that garlic flavor. 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Add pesto sauce to chicken and stir to coat the chicken with 1/2 cup pesto sauce.
- Once pasta is cooked, add to grilled chicken and add remaining pesto sauce. Toss to combine the chicken, pasta and pesto together. (you can add as much pesto as you want- it as all about how much taste you want.)
- Once it is all combined, sprinkle with Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese to finish!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!