This salad has a very refreshing and light yummy taste for summer. I served this along side my Quesadillas the other night and the flavor combination of the entire plate was delicious. This salad is a great side dish addition to grilled chicken, pork or on a bed of lettuce. Add it to your summer salad list. You won’t be disappointed!
Avocado or Guacamole Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 dashes Frank’s hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 large ripe tomato (for about 1 cup chunks)
- 1 stalk celery (for about 1/2 cup diced)
- 1/2 yellow or red onion, chopped (for 1/4 cup slices)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ripe avocados*
- Combine oil, lime juice, lime zest, minced garlic, salt, pepper, sugar, cumin and Frank’s hot sauce in a small jar that has a lid. Shake to combine and set aside.
- Cut tomato into bite-size chunks. Place chunks into a 6-cup or larger bowl. Rinse and dice celery, and add to bowl. Add chopped onion to bowl. Mince cilantro and add it to bowl.
- Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, cut avocados into bite-size chunks and fold the avocados into the salad.
- Shake dressing to recombine and pour it over avocado mixture. Stir gently to mix and coat vegetables with dressing. (Stir until green of avocados begins to mix with the dressing a bit, but do not over stir or they will become mushy.) Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste if needed, and serve at room temperature.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!