This month, my plan is to focus on some canning recipes and add those ready made baking mixes to stock up my pantry. As we move ahead in this month, I also want to stock up my freezer with those make ahead meals to beat the heat and save time in the kitchen.
A few of my baking mix ideas:
- Homemade Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Cornbread Mix
- Chocolate Chip Bagels *new*
- Graham Crackers *new*
Here’s a great recipe I like to double and wrap one loaf up for the freezer. It’s a wonderful rendition of a traditional family favorite.
Saucy Meat Loaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup quick old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce (or more if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, oats, milk, 2 Tablespoons ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and chili powder. Mix well.
- Shape into loaf, place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Combine remaining 4 Tablespoons ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce mixture over meat loaf. Bake one hour.
- Remove meat loaf from oven, spread another layer of sauce over meat loaf, place back in the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
My weekly meal plan and shopping list is completed and posted on our fridge:
Suppers Your Family Will Love
Need ideas for your weekly meal plan? It’s time for another weekly menu. I enjoy menu planning because of the simplicity it provides for my life. It enables me to decrease my grocery shopping excursions to twice a month and it allows me to have more free time to focus on my family and home. For ideas in the weekly meal plan, we’ll be focusing on a variety of family meals. You’ll find the recipes on the weekly meal plan also available on my Recipe Index page with a grocery list included.
Dinner (recipes will post throughout the week)
Sunday: Saucey Meat Loaf (recipe above), Baked Potatoes, Corn
Monday: Breakfast Bar
Wednesday: Crock Pot Roasted Chicken, Green Beans, Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes, Corn
Thursday: Sandwich Bar
Saturday: Honey Brats with Sweet-and-Spicy Slaw, Homemade Baked Sweet Potato Fries
What’s cooking at your house this week?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!