A versatile and nutritious Corn Salsa that goes great with any Mexican dish or transformed into a great tasting salad.
I don’t know why I like this salsa a lot, maybe because it is so good, or because it has so many versatile uses and it is really nutritious and good for you. You can decide why you like it.
I like to make a big batch of this, which is the recipe below, so you might want to half it if you are only going to use it for one meal. Here are a few ways to eat this:
- Chicken Tostadas with Corn Salsa
- Add black beans for a Black Bean Corn Salad and serve as a side dish
- Use as a salsa and serve with pita or tortilla chips. Black beans would be great in this for salsa too. (That recipe coming later)
Makes: 3 cups corn salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Serve corn salsa with grilled meat or poultry.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!